Sunday, March 25, 2012

Savory Snapshots (Highlands Edition)

Ladies night at Avalon features select $5 apps, martinis, and wines. Oh what a night! We started off with the Mushroom and Spinach Flat Bread. I'd definitely get this one again.

Not pictured: The delicious goat cheese app... I meant to take a pic, but we had the platter licked clean before I could even reach for my camera.

The Sicilian Manhattan (AKA bourbon martini). It was a bit too strong for me. I had to call for backup from Jules, who finished it off right.

 
Jules went for the Double Espresso Martini, let me rephrase, she tried to go for it. But I got it! Yuuuu-mee - a creamy treat indeed. We pretty much switched martinis.


My second drink of choice - The Lavender Blue. Blueberry vodka mixed with lavender lemonade. It was soft, smooth and just sweet enough for my palate.

Not pictured- The French Nouveau - vanilla vodka mixed with pineapple, chambord, and champagne. I had this on another Ladies Night and felt it to be too sweet. However, it should be noted that I'm not keen on pineapple flavor in cocktails.

Moving on to another fun dinner with Jules which entailed devouring of the plate above and a few others at Wild Ginger. It was deep fried sushi goodness, stuffed with spicy crab and topped with STEAK! That's right, steak. She loved it. I thought it was bizarre yet tasty. You will notice yet another martini... extra dirty, just the way Jules' likes it.


Next up, Mediterranean cuisine with Michael and Liz at The Falafel House. Above you will notice the Beef Schwarma with hummus and rice. This was Michael's pick. He was pleased and noted that the beef was very well seasoned.


My platter of choice was the Atomic Falafel. The falafel was accompanied by hummus, lettuce, tomato, and tiziki sauce, as well as a triple kick of spiciness from banana peppers, jalepeno peppers, and a unidentified red sauce, all wrapped up in pita bread. The side of fries were pretty standard.

Not pictured: Liz' Veggie Plate, featuring a variety of Mediterranean cuisine, which she raved about. I tried some of a grape leaf for the first time and thought it was salty but not bad. I also tried some of the baba ganoush - a dip that is made with eggplant (similiar to hummus). I love the name "baba ganoush" but did not care for the taste.


The picture above is just a little preview from my next post that will feature some great eats and treats in Atlanta. The adorable little mason jar is filled with a bourbon and coke slushi that we discovered at a serious Hipster bar. Stay tuned for more mouth-watering pics from this fun weekend trip. Until then, LIVE TO EAT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment